Monday 25 July 2011

Taking time to reflect

Did it ever strike you that, with our lives so busy, we never seem to have the time simply "to be"? or to reflect on the day?

I came across these 7 questions that act as a good prompt:
  • What NEW THING did I learn today? What action can I take on that learning point?
  • Did I do a good job today of LISTENING first? What could I have done to be a better listener?
  • What mistake did I make today that could be avoided next time in a similar situation?
  • How did I add value today? To whom did I add value? Looking back on the day, what value opportunity did I miss?
  • Did I demonstrate love for my family today -- my spouse, my kids. What opportunity to demonstrate love did I miss?
  • Did I have an opportunity to give today? What exactly did I give? How did it feel? Looking back on the day, what "gifting" opportunity did I miss?
  • Did I discover anything new about myself today? What will I do with that information?
Can you think of any other really good questions to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment